Get your questions answered and increase your knowledge in controlled environment agriculture and hydroponic growing at the 23rd annual Greenhouse Crop Production & Engineering Design Short Course – A three-day online and onsite conference put on by the University of Arizona's Controlled Environment Agriculture Center that will consist of lectures presented by leaders in academia and in the CEA industry. The event will be located at the University of Arizona's Controlled Environment Agriculture Center. *Limited in-person seating
Can't make it in person? We will be streaming live via Zoom with the ability to ask questions during the presentations.
Onsite Participation at CEAC
The course will be held at the Controlled Environment Agriculture Center campus with a limited number of seats. In addition to the lectures, an onsite participant will have hands-on lessons and in-depth tours each day. Lunch will also be provided.
What to Expect at the CEA Short Course?
- Advanced Lectures: Lectures at the CEAC Short Course address some of the most common questions about growing undercover! Whether you rely on the sun and its warmth to tend your crops or are growing some greens in an illuminated growth chamber, come learn from controlled environment experts and advance your growing operation.
- Timeless Talks... AND What's New in CEA: We've maintained essential components and lecture topics specific to crop production and engineering/design considerations, but we adapt our program each year to address topics most relevant today.
- Networking Opportunities: The Short Course is the perfect place to network with industry players and other like-minded enthusiasts. You will meet experts from academia, industry professionals, game-changing entrepreneurs, skilled growers, and a roster of CEAC students who are hungry to meet the industry's labor demands. You also will get to interact with our incredible sponsors and exhibitors that are there to help you advance your operation.
- Bigger Questions, Better Answers: With ample time built into the program for Q+A, get the answers you need from engineering, biological, scientific, and economic perspectives.
- Recorded Lecture Sessions: Review lectures after the event to fully absorb technical content or something you missed. Access to recordings is now included with your general admission, and available after the completion of the course.
- Education Meets Application: CEAC’s unique facilities support a quality learning experience where students come to grab their education by the roots. On the fourth day of the Short Course, you'll immerse yourself in training workshops at CEAC.
- Education Credits: Interested in receiving education credits for the CEAC Short Course? Contact us to find out more!
- Explore Tucson's University, 4th Avenue, & Downtown Scenes: Offering numerous opportunities and possibilities to continue conversations, establish new relationships, and nurture existing ones. Explore! Grab a bite or local pint in Tucson, we promise it won't disappoint! Tucson named United States' 1st UNESCO World City of Gastronomy
The short course will be hosted Wednesday - Friday (March 13th, 14th, and 15th) starting at 9 AM and ending around 4:30 PM. In-person participants will attend at the CEAC classroom, while online participants will be able to access the lectures live via Zoom. All participants will receive a copy of the presentation materials. Light morning refreshments and lunch will be provided on all three days of the workshop.
Check out the full schedule below!
[*Note that Arizona does not change for Daylight Savings Time, and thus is GMT -6 during daylight savings; GMT -7 during standard time.]
We offer discounts for university students, Arizona residents, University of Arizona affiliates, and members of federally recognized Native American tribes. Please contact us at email@example.com with proof in order to receive your discount code before registering.
Included with your stay are free breakfast, free parking, free WiFi, a fitness center, and an outdoor pool. There are also plenty of restaurants and shops located within the Plaza.
Additional Hotel Recommendations:
- The Eddy Hotel is a brand new hotel by Hilton and is a short 3-minute drive from the CEAC.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tucson Mall hotel is a short 6-minute drive from the CEAC.
- Aloft Tucson Univeristy by Marriot is an 11-minute drive from the CEAC.
If you are unable to attend this workshop, you may request to cancel your ticket for a full refund up to 14 days before the date and time of the event. Cancellations made between 7-14 days before the event will incur a 10% fee. Cancellations made within one week prior to the event will result in no refund issued.
Who Attends the Annual CEA Short Course?
Entrepreneurs, small business owners, educators, urban planners, greenhouse engineers, company trainees, international representatives, researchers, growers, horticulturists, urban agriculturists, and you!