CEA Short Course
Like tending to the vine closest to the wet-wall on a hot day, CEAC's Short Course may be exactly what your operation needs for relief! Get your questions answered and increase your hydroponic growing know-how at the Greenhouse Crop Production & Engineering Design Short Course – A four-day conference, put on by the University of Arizona Controlled Environment Agriculture Center, including three full days of lecture, one day of hands-on training workshops at CEAC, and an optional commercial greenhouse tour.
Why the CEAC Short Course?
- Advanced Lectures addressing some of the most common questions about growing undercover! Whether you rely on the sun and its warmth to tend your crops, are growing some greens in an illuminated growth chamber, come learn from controlled environment experts and advance your growing operation.
- Timeless Talks... AND What's New! – We've maintained essential components and lecture topics specific to crop production and engineering/design considerations, but have adapted annually to address topics most relevant today.
- Networking Opportunities with industry players and other like-minded enthusiasts. Our Sponsors & Exhibitors are here to help you advance your operation. Meet with experts from academia, industry professionals, game-changing entrepreneurs, skilled growers, and a roster of CEAC students who are hungry to meet the industry's labor demands.
- Re-introducing the Morning Session! Our conference's lectures take a technical, research-oriented approach, with the goal of you leaving with nuggets of useful information for your operation. To ensure ample time for more comprehensive talks about cooling your greenhouse, plant responses to light, and why air uniformity is important, we've re-introduced a morning session on the 1st day, to begin with, our foundational lectures to frame the week.
- Bigger Questions, Better Answers. With ample time built into the program for Q+A, get the answers you need from engineering, biological, scientific, and economic perspectives.
- Recorded Lecture Sessions - Review lectures after the event to fully absorb technical content or something you missed. Access to recordings is now included with your general admission, and available after the completion of the course.
- Education Meets Application - CEAC’s unique facilities support a quality learning experience where students come to grab their education by the roots. On the fourth day of the Short Course, you'll immerse yourself in training workshops at CEAC.
- Education Credits - Interested in receiving Education Credits for the Short Course? Contact us to find out more!
- Explore Tucson's University, 4th Avenue, & Downtown scenes - Offering numerous opportunities and possibilities to continue conversations, establish new relationships, and nurture existing ones. Explore! Grab a bite or local pint in Tucson, we promise it won't disappoint! Tucson named United States' 1st UNESCO World City of Gastronomy
Interested in becoming a Sponsor or Exhibitor at our Short Course? Learn more about becoming a sponsor today!