Information on CEA Degree Programs
An interdisciplinary engineering program that uses life sciences to develop solutions and new technologies to solve grand challenges in water, energy, food, and sustainable living. Includes development of greenhouse systems, sensors, and automation, to optimize resource use efficiency in plant production systems.
Use engineering, math, and life science to design systems to manage soil and water resources, produce food, develop biological products, and manage and analyze large data sets.
Combine technical knowledge, computer techniques, and control systems for a deeper understanding of agriculture and biology.
Specialize in water resource engineering or biological engineering.
Request more info at: biosystemsengineering.arizona.edu
Ag Tech Management
An agricultural science and natural resources multidisciplinary program that emphasizes hands-on skills, application of technology, and development of economic and business communications skills.
An agricultural science and natural resources multidisciplinary program
Emphasizes hands-on skills, application of technology, and development of leadership and communication skills.
Request more info at: agriculturaltechnology.arizona.edu
Sustainable Plant Systems
This is an interdisciplinary program between PLS and SWES which emphasizes fundamental science principles and their applications in modern agriculture and crop production. Includes plant/microbial communities and plant breeding for improved growth, development, and adaption.
Interdisciplinary program between PLS and SWES
Emphasizes fundamental science principles and their applications in modern agriculture and crop production - plant/microbial communities and plant breeding for improved growth, development, and adaption.
Prepares students to work in agronomic and horticultural field and greenhouse crop production, including controlled environmental agriculture, permanent tree crop production, turf grass systems, and urban horticulture.
Request more info at: sustainableplantscience.arizona.edu
Additional CALS Degree Programs
- Agribusiness Economics & Management and Environmental and Water Resource Economics: agriculturaleconomics.arizona.edu
- Agricultural Technology Management & Education: agriculturaltechnology.arizona.edu
- Animal & Biomedical Industries: biomedicalsciencemajor.arizona.edu
- Animal Sciences: animalsciences.arizona.edu
- Environmental Science: environmentalscience.arizona.edu
- Family Studies & Human Development: familystudies.arizona.edu
- Food Safety: foodsafety.arizona.edu
- Microbiology: microbiologymajor.arizona.edu
- Natural Resources: naturalresources.arizona.edu
- Nutritional Sciences: studynutrition.arizona.edu
- Personal & Family Financial Planning: financialplanningarizona.edu
- Plant Sciences: plantbiology.arizona.edu
- Retailing & Consumer Sciences: retailing.arizona.edu
- Sustainable Plant Systems: sustainableplantscience.arizona.edu
- Veterinary Science: veterinaryscience.arizona.edu