17th Annual Greenhouse Crop Production & Engineering Design Short Course
March 12-16, 2018 - Tucson, Arizona
[View Digital Flyer] [View Topics/Sessions Schedule]
Like tending to the vine closest to the wet-wall on a hot day, CEAC's Short Course may be exactly what your operations needs for relief! Get your questions answered and increase your hydroponic growing know-how at the Greenhouse Crop Production & Engineering Design Short Course – A four day conference, put on by the University of Arizona Controlled Environment Agriculture Center, including three full days of lecture, one day of hands-on training workshops at CEAC, and a commercial Arizona greenhouse tour.
Why the CEAC Short Course?
Advanced lectures addressing some of the most common questions about growing under cover! Whether you rely on the sun and it's warmth to tend your crops, are growing some greens in an illuminated growth chamber, come learn from controlled environment experts and advance your growing operation.
Timeless Talks.. AND What's New! – This is our 17th annual educational conference. We've maintained essential components and lecture topics specific to crop production and engineering/design conisderations, but have adapted annually to address topics most relvant today.
Networking Opportunities with indsutry players and other like-minded enthusiasts. Our Sponsors & Exhibitors are here to help you advance your operation. Meet with experts from academia, industry professionals, game-changing entreprenuers, skilled growers, and a roster of CEAC students who are hungry to meet the industry's labor demands.
- Re-introducing the morning session! Our conference's lectures take a techincal, research oriented approach, with the goal of you leaving with nuggets of useful information for your operation. To ensure ample time for more comprehensive talks about cooling your greenhouse, plant responses to light, and why air unifromity is important, we've re-introduced a morning session on the 1st day to begin with our foundational lectures to frame the week.
Bigger Questions, Better Answers. With ample time built into the program for Q+A, get the answers you need from engineering, biological, scientific, and economical perspectives.
Recorded Lecture Sessions - Review lectures after the event to fully absorb technical content or something you missed. Access to recordings is now included with your general asmission.
Education Meets Application – CEAC’s unique facilities support a quality learning experience where students come to grab their education by the roots. On the fourth day of the Short Course you'll immerse yourself in training workshops at CEAC.
Explore Tucson's University, 4th Avenue, & Downtown scenes - Offering numerous opportunties and possibilites to continue conversations, establish new relationships and nurture exisiting ones. Or explore! Grab a bite or local pint in Tucson, we promise it won't disappoint! Tucson named United States' 1st UNESCO World City of Gastronomy [See map below!]
Have Questions? Email Austin, Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the CEAC front desk - 520.626.9566.
GET 10% OFF Standard "Full Course" Admission tickets:
- If you're you're a returning attendee from last years event
- If you've attended one a CEAC Intensive Workshops in the last year
- With discount coupons given to you through referrals
- On groups of 3 or more.
- Or we can get creative!
Purchase your tickets here: regonline.com
- Early Bird Savings - $700.00 [Until Dec 31, 2017]
- After January 1st - $795.00
- Discounts will be applied to the appropriate ticket price based on the date.
Book your room at the University Park Hotel [Limited space, reserve yours now]
- Online reservation software available shortly.
- Alternatively, call into the front desk. Refer to the "CEAC Short Course"
- Address: 880 East 2nd Street Tucson, Arizona 85719
Previous Short Course Information